This policy outlines some of the key measures I have taken to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (Covid-19). Please note, the content may be subject to change.
Adhering to guidelines
Throughout the pandemic, I will be following guidelines issued by the government, the NHS, other relevant authorities and my professional association, The Federation of Holistic Therapists, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment.
During your appointment I will be wearing a face mask and a visor.
Covid-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
- identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus
- think about who could be at risk
- decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed
- act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
Prior to seeing any of my clients I will be:
- monitoring my own health and deferring treatments if I have Covid-19 or symptoms of Covid-19
- contacting clients in advance of their appointment and deferring any treatments if: they have Covid-19 or symptoms of Covid-19; are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding; anyone in their household has Covid-19 or symptoms of Covid-19; they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 14 days; they have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace service and asked to isolate
Enhanced Cleaning and Hygiene Measures
I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, which includes sanitising any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment such as chairs and couches and replacing any porous or single use items, such as towels and couch roll. Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular hand washing / sanitising.
Adapting or Restricting Treatments
To reduce contact time I will email or post consultation forms to new clients in advance of your first appointment. I will also contact you to discuss your needs in more detail. For existing clients with new concerns, let me know and I will contact you in advance of your appointment to discuss those needs.
Maintaining Social Distancing
Please note that while treatment will involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This will include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, on arrival and departure. I will open and close doors to reduce your need to be in contact with surfaces.
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because my client has Covid-19 or symptoms of Covid-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waived.
What I Ask From You
- Please bring a face mask to wear during your appointment.
- Arrive on time to your appointment. If arriving early please stay in your car until I come out to you.
- Come alone to your appointment where possible.
- Leave all unnecessary items e.g. coats, bags, etc., in the car where possible.
- Inform me of any symptoms of Covid-19 that arise within 7 days following your appointments.
- Cashless payment is preferable. You may pay contactless by card at your appointment, alternatively please ask for bank details if you would prefer to transfer payment prior to your appointment. If you pay by cash please place it in an envelope and leave in the container provided for handling later.
Please be aware that I may be asked for your contact details by the NHS Test and Trace service.
Last Updated: January 2022.